Volunteers at French Hospital Medical Center are the heart of our hospital. FHMC Volunteers share a common spirit, a desire to use their life experiences, education and concern for others to support our patients, visitors and staff.
Our FHMC volunteers, numbering approximately 130 strong, give generously of themselves, each one contributing toward the smooth operation of many hospital services.
If you are interested in volunteering, consider this:
- You will be educated to be the best goodwill ambassador you can be.
- You will gain the satisfaction that comes from knowing that you make a difference to patients and staff.
- You will expand your life experiences and skills.
- You will find a rewarding change of pace from you regular routines.
- You will meet other volunteers and staff who may become good friends and associates.
What are the qualifications?
- Volunteers must be dependable, interested in helping others and have a positive attitude.
- Volunteers must be in good health to perform assigned tasks. A tuberculosis test and health screening are required. In addition, standard hospital pre-qualification procedures require volunteers complete a drug screening and background check.
- Volunteers must work at least 4 hours per week.
- Junior Volunteers (Volunteens) must work at least 2 hours per week.
- Junior Volunteers (Volunteens) must be at least 16 years old.
Where can you volunteer?
- Front desk reception
- Various hospital committees
- Office work
- Gift Shop
- Surgery Waiting Room
- Various Hospital Departments
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Hospital Floor
- Hearst Cancer Resource Center
To apply as a hospital volunteer:
You may pick up a Volunteer Application at the Volunteer Front Desk located in the FHMC Front Lobby, or you may download the application below. After completion, please return the application to the Volunteer Front Desk located in the FHMC Front Lobby.
Adult Application: To download an application for the adult volunteer program - Ages 18 and older (click here).
Junior Application: To download an application for the junior volunteer program – Ages 16-18 (click here).
For more information on volunteer opportunities call (805) 542-6496.