Every Mother Is A Hero
At French Hospital Medical Center we believe that every mother is a hero and every baby is a miracle.
Creating a family is a wondrous event that stirs many different emotions. It is important that you are fully informed and prepared for the exciting changes that are about to occur to both you and your family.
The Family Birthing Center at French Hospital Medical Center focuses as much on proper preparation for the birth of your child, as the birth itself and your roles as parents. From the peace of mind that comes from knowing that each of our nurses are specially trained to attend to your every need to the comfort of having your birth experience take place in your own private room, we will be your partners in this magnificent event.
At French Hospital Medical Center, our program of personal care is designed to keep your birth "family-focused" and intimate through the use of LDRP rooms (Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Post-Partum all in one room). Our intimate and private rooms make you feel comfortable and at ease during your birthing process.
During Labor and Delivery our birthing beds supply both comfort and convenience. Rather than having you change beds between stages, the beds adjust instantly to accommodate most birthing positions. All of our birthing suites are capable of accommodating the very latest in maternity equipment if needed.
To promote the importance of family-centered care, newborns are cared for at the mother's bedside by the same nurse who provides care for the mother. We will keep mother and baby together in the same room from the moment the baby is born, (dads and supportive persons are welcome too). The quiet time that this simple touch allows you is essential for bonding with the baby and provides the mother with ample time necessary for a successful recovery. We will take care of the little details so that you can focus on what is really important.
The Family Birthing Center also provides Childbirth and Parenting Education Programs. Our program provides educational services for the entire family beginning before the baby is born and continuing after you go home. Educators specializing in all aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, infant care and safety will successfully guide you and your family through this amazing experience. Take a Virtual Tour of many of the programs and service areas at FHMC click here.
Our Classes include the following plus many more. All classes are free except where stated:
- Prepared Childbirth Classes - The childbirth classes are designed to provide current information, practical tools and techniques needed to promote a healthy birth experience. There is a $10 cost for a worksheet.
- Babies 101 - Baby 101 Classes teach you the basics of caring for your new addition. Our nurses teach you infant CPR, breastfeeding, and the basics of caring for an infant.
- Infant and Toddler CPR Class - This class will teach you lifesaving CPR skills for infants and children.
- Expect the Best Tours - This tour will familiarize expectant parents with the birthing center, the pre-registration process and answer any questions. For a personal tour call for an appointment (805) 542-6659
- Sibling Class - This one time class is designed for young children and emphasizes the importance of being a "big brother" or "big sister". It includes hands-on fun, a special video, life-saving baby dolls and a tour of "Mom's Room."
- See schedule for the 2013 Birthing Center Classes (click), Sibling Class (click)
Pre-registration is required for all classes, call (805) 542-6659.